Suzi Zglinicki is a multi-disciplinary artist who lives and works in Newcastle, gateway to the Hunter Region of NSW. Her intriguing drawings, prints and paintings capture the processes of life and the natural environment from abstraction to representational. She is concerned with the future of the earth and seeks to share its beauty and mystery through her art.
As a member of the Hunter Arts Network (HAN) Suzi sells work at the seasonal art bazaars. She has received a highly commended in the Singleton Art Prize and been part of many group shows in the Hunter and Sydney. Suzi has been part of a community art project in conjunction with Maitland Council and Maitland regional Art Gallery (MRAG.) One of her drawings was selected for the archive of the National Art School.
Suzi has completed her master of Fine Arts at the national Art School, Darlinghurst.
Notable achievements include the following:
- December 2014 Solo show at ‘Gallery’ Hunter St Mall, Newcastle
- Graduate show in November 2014 – SOLD OUT
- Solo show at ‘Since I Left You’ Kent St Sydney, September 2014
- June 2014 “Art for Waratah Campus of community health” print exhibition, Newcastle NSW
- May 2014 ‘Crossing Borders’ – groups show (drawing) national Art School
- May 2014 ‘In the Spotlight’ – group exhibition Tara Anglican School for Girls
- Dec 2013 Drawing accepted into NAS Archive – ‘In Place:’ NAS Floor 30 x 40cm Ink and watercolour on French drawing paper
- 15-25 December 2013 Community Art Project ‘Winter Wonderland’ Maitland City Council and Maitland Regional Gallery.
- 13 November National Art School ‘Landscape’ group show
- 25 June 2013 Tyrells Exhibition – Group show
- 22-24 March 2013 Seascape and beyond: Art Exhibition Held at Merewether Surf Life Saving Club
- 16 Dec-2012 ‘In the Garden ’Exhibiton at Lorn Gallery, 17 Belmore Rd Lorn NSW Group Show – One work sold